What kind of public?
Anyone who needs to interact in English in the room service professions: waiter, room clerk, maître d', head waiter, sommelier, bartender, waiter, room service, etc.
Intensive course over 3 weeks
Comprehension / expression
To master and practise the vocabulary, structures and common formulas specific to reception and room service:
- greeting customers, allocating a table to them and asking about their wishes (courtesy formulas, dress code, etc.).
- presenting the menu, advising and suggesting dishes, informing the customer about the different dishes on offer, their composition, their cooking methods, promoting the house specialities
- present the wine list and, if necessary, recommend a wine adapted to the dish ordered
- take the order and pass it on to the kitchen staff
- learn the vocabulary of glasses, plates and cutlery according to the menu (water glass, white wine glass, fish set, soup, etc.).
- present the food and drinks
- be attentive and responsive to customer requests, to their comfort, to ensure their well-being, to inform them
- managing delicate situations
- prepare the bill, present it and cash it; take leave of the client
- Interact with management and the team
For job search
- talking about oneself
- making a good impression
- highlighting your strengths
- writing your C.V.
- writing your cover letter
- mastering interview techniques
- describing a job
- using polite phrases
MONDAY - TUESDAY - WEDNESDAY - THURSDAY - FRIDAY
4 to 10 participants
to acquire a basic level of English (mainly oral) for professional use of the language specifically for service in the hotel and catering sectors.
Levels A0 to A1
- Certificate mentioning language skills specific to the trade.
CHF 897/week (under 25, senior citizens, students, registered unemployed AC)
Registration fee and materials
Evaluation test (+ interview / needs analysis) free of charge and without obligation
Information for CAF application
course no. 860 / school no. 29
For more information: www.ge.ch/caf/
Informations or subscription